Monday, July 7, 2008

I don't even care anymore!! (English 1)

I have this childhood friend. I'd rather not tell her real name but let's just call her "AC". Now AC was a very good friend of mine. We've been friends since the sixth grade although I wouldn't consider her as my best friend . We always walk together, eat together, tell each other our secrets, etc. After our high school graduation we promised ourselves we'd never forget each other. The first few months were fine. We always hung out, watched movies, talked on the phone. In short, we did our usual routine when we were still in high school. The problem started the same time classes started. She only called when she needed something or if she's going to tell me that she saw this really cute guy who she thinks is madly in love with her or if a guy in class asked her name or if a guy she knew before is asking her out or if she has a classmate who looks like this certain cute guy etc...etc... To make things a lot simpler and shorter, she talked about guys a lot! She never called me to check on things, she never called to ask me what college is like in UP, she never even called to say how much she misses me. Every time that I try to call her she's always sleeping or she's busy or she's sick. I even heard her once saying to her dad "Tell her I'm tired and I'll call her back.". Guess what, she never called back. So I didn't want to talk to her ever again. Then two nights ago I was online then she buzzed and even included a smiley. I said "whatever". We started fighting. She said she doesn't have time for me anymore, that she is too busy. Then I thought "Busy? I should be the busy one since I'm studying in the University of the Philippines.". She couldn't even spare at least a minute of her time. She doesn't have classes for three days in one week. The moment she typed in those horrible words "I don't have time for you anymore." I was furious and sad at the same time. Then I snap and got all emotional on her and I just said "I'm your friend. I've always been you friend. I'm always ready to help and listen. I've done my part. All I'm asking is just a minute of your time to remind me of the friendship we've made throughout the years.". So this July 19th we're going to meet together with our other friends who are hoping that we could fix things. I don't think I'm gonna be able to forgive her for what she said to me. We'll just see.

No comments: